How to configure a new network interface for Acura's instance
Hystax Acura is based on Ubuntu 16.04, and there is a predefined scope of allowed sudo commands that are needed to set up a new network interface.
Please refer to the KB article below if you are looking to perform this operation for an Acura deployment in VMware :
List of the allowed commands:
sudo reboot | halt | shutdown
sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart
sudo ifconfig <ens6> down | up
1. Establish an ssh connection to the Acura's instance using a key pair that should have been created in advance during the installation.
2. Review the existing network configuration by executing:
$ nano /etc/network/interfaces
3. To bring up the new interface, execute:
$ sudo /sbin/ifconfig <name, e.g. ens6> up
4. To check its current parameters, execute :
$ ifconfig <name, e.g. ens6>
5. Restart the networking service for the changes to take effect:
$ sudo /etc/init.d/networking restart