How to install internal Replication Agents on multiple machines at once
Perform mass deployment of internal Replication Agents to several machines with the same OS at once (Windows or Linux).
The PowerShell script for a Windows installation and the Ansible-playbook in case of Linux machines are available for download as a ZIP archive at:
To use the mass installation script for Windows machines:
- Create a csv with the following format - host_ip, agent_url
- Run the script install_agents.ps1 with the created csv, e.g. install_agents.ps1 hosts.csv
To use the mass installation script for Linux machines:
- Install Ansible (playbook was tested with ansible==2.9.4)
- Create an inventory file for all of the machines
- centos ansible_ssh_host=172.22.14.148 ansible_ssh_user=centos
- ubuntu ansible_ssh_host=172.22.24.81 ansible_python_interpreter=/usr/bin/python3 ansible_ssh_user=ubuntu
- Run the playbook with the acura_host and customer_id fields specified.
- ansible-playbook -i hlragent-install-inventory -e "acura_host=172.22.20.8" -e "customer_id=ae8fd98e-c436-450a-bf4c-69488efbbdbd" linux_agent_install.yaml