How to restore a replicated machine to any hypervisor
Restore a replicated machine to any hypervisor.
1. Each machine has a drop-down "Actions" menu at the right hand side of the screen. Click the corresponding "..." button across the machine that you want to download a snapshot for, then select “Download machine image”.
2. Choose the date of an existing snapshot in the calendar and the actual time the snapshot was created in the drop-down list, set the link's expiration time.
3. Click on the “Generate link” button. The expiration time will start after the last call of the link.
4. You will see this picture:
5. You may close the window and proceed. When the link is generated, a special icon will appear near the machine's name. Get the link by clicking on this icon:
Or you may wait until the link appears at the bottom of the window. Click on it to download a drive.raw file
Images are downloaded in the .raw format and can be converted for any hypervisor, if necessary, and then imported to the original location.
How to restore a bare metal machine from a RAW image
Task Restore a bare metal machine from a RAW image. Solution Acura provides customers a way to get the RAW image of a failover or replicated machine. To recover the mashine using a RAW file, follow the steps below: Boot from any Linux Live CD. Verify ...
How to specify Volume availability zone and Volume type when replicating a machine
Challenge Replication settings for machine's volumes require specific parameters. Solution Before the first replication is initiated, two additional parameters can be specified for each machine: Volume availability zone and Volume type. Click on ...
How to stop replicating a machine
Task Stop replicating a machine Solution Park the machine to stop its replication. On the Customer page in the “Machines Groups” section click on the “…” button next to the corresponding machine, select “Park”.
How to perform a failback to a designated cloud
Task Perform a failback procedure to a designated cloud platform using a "reverse migration" method. Solution If you have been using VMware, Flexible Engine or OpenStack as your source environment, please refer to our applicable Documentation. This ...
How to allow a machine to be discovered in ACP after a failback to VMware
Challenge A machine is not listed in ACP after performing a failback to VMware. Cause By design, a failback machine in VMware is marked with a flag that blocks it from being rediscovered in ACP right after the process has been completed. This helps ...