How to set volume exclusion for the Windows replication agent
Set a volume exclusion for the Windows replication agent.
In case there are disks on the machines that are not needed for replication, they can be excluded by setting certain parameters in the cbt.conf configuration file:
1. Stop the hwragent service in the Control Panel.
2. Open the cbt.conf file. The cbt.conf file is located at C:\ProgramData\Hystax\acura\cbt.xml.
3. Add the following parameters indicating the required drives.
cbt.conf - example
Volume ID can be found by typing the vssadmin list volumes command in the windows command line.
4. Start the hwragent service in the Control Panel.
- In case the volume is a whole hard disk - after volume's exclusion it will be skipped during backup: snapshot of this volume won't be taken, the cloud volume of the disk isn't created.
- In case the volume is only a part of a hard disk - after volume's exclusion it will be skipped during backup: snapshot of this volume hasn't been taken, cloud volume of the disk is created in full size (source hard disk size = destination cloud volume size).
How to set a block device exclusion for the Linux replication agent
TaskSet a block device exclusion for the Linux replication agent. Solution In case there are disks on the machines that don't need to be replicated, they can be excluded by setting certain parameters in the cbt.conf configuration file. 1 Stop the ...
How to turn on debug logs for Hystax Windows Replication Agent
Task Turn on debug logging to perform advanced troubleshooting for Hystax Windows Replication Agent (HWRAgent). Solution HWRAgent is running as two separate processes - HWRAgent service and Replication Manager (Repman_x64.exe), so you need to turn on ...
How to turn on debug logging for Hystax Linux Replication Agent
Task Turn on debug logging to perform advanced troubleshooting of Hystax Linux Replication Agent (HLRAgent) Solution Stop the HLRAgent service with the following command: sudo service hlragent stop Enable debug logs, set the value ...
How to configure custom replication agent settings when adding a new customer in the ACP
Task When a replication agent is downloaded from the ACP, it is injected with the current network information vital for connecting to the Acura instance and discovering machines for the given customer. Depending on the actual layout, Acura may be ...
List of log files locations
Log files locations, by agent type: Agent type Log file location Windows replication agent %ProgramData%\Hystax\acura\LOG\repman.log %ProgramData%\Hystax\acura\LOG\hwragent.log.txt Linux replication agent /var/log/repman.log VMware replication agent ...