"Module build for the currently running kernel was skipped" message in console during Replication agent's installation
During the installation of a Linux replication agent (hlragent) with DKMS, the following message can be displayed in the console:
- Module build for the currently running kernel was skipped since the kernel source for this kernel does not seem to be installed.
This is caused by the fact that a new kernel has been installed without headers.
1. Get information on the currently running kernel by executing the uname -r command.
2. Check which HSS drivers were built with the dkms status command.
3. Check the status of hlragent as well as HSS load status and version:
- service hlragent status #expected output: Running
- lsmod | grep hss #expected output: HSS is returned, not an empty responce
- modinfo hss #expected output: HSS filename matches the currently running kernel
4. Check whether Linux headers are installed for the latest kernel. Path: /lib/modules/<kernel version>/build/include/
5. If not, install them with the apt-get install linux-headers-<kernel version> command, e.g.:
- sudo apt-get install linux-headers-4.4.0-101-generic