"Module build for the currently running kernel was skipped" message in console during Replication agent's installation
During the installation of a Linux replication agent (hlragent) with DKMS, the following message can be displayed in the console:
- Module build for the currently running kernel was skipped since the kernel source for this kernel does not seem to be installed.
This is caused by the fact that a new kernel has been installed without headers.
1. Get information on the currently running kernel by executing the uname -r command.
2. Check which HSS drivers were built with the dkms status command.
3. Check the status of hlragent as well as HSS load status and version:
- service hlragent status #expected output: Running
- lsmod | grep hss #expected output: HSS is returned, not an empty responce
- modinfo hss #expected output: HSS filename matches the currently running kernel
4. Check whether Linux headers are installed for the latest kernel. Path: /lib/modules/<kernel version>/build/include/
5. If not, install them with the apt-get install linux-headers-<kernel version> command, e.g.:
- sudo apt-get install linux-headers-4.4.0-101-generic
Network interface is changed during a failover and network becomes unavailable for a VM running Linux OS
Challenge Sometimes network interface is changed during a failover and network becomes unavailable. Cause Some Linux machines require additional configuring. Solution To resolve this issue, the source machine can be configured prior to any ...
Replication agent is installed, but the machine doesn't appear in ACP
Challenge After a new installation of the replication agent, the machine cannot be protected, however, it was protected in another cloud before that. Cause If a new agent is installed on the machine that has been protected before, configuration files ...
How to replace Windows replication agent's config file in case a machine is shown offline in ACP
Challenge A machine is shown offline in ACP, although the source instance is running and has been replicated successfully before. Cause The replication agent's config file might have become corrupted during an unexpected termination of the repman ...
Replication with VMware agent fails with the message: Backup creation failed with code 500
Challenge Replication with VMware agent fails with the following error message: "Backup creation failed with code 500, reason: Command '['umount', '/tmp/e9dc80e9-0a54-4991-9003-edeffd7e4920']' returned non-zero exit status 32" Cause In case of using ...
Why a Linux machine doesn't boot in the Cloud Site, "dracut" in the console
Challenge Linux machine doesn't boot in the CS, "dracut" in the console. Cause Linux machine doesn't boot in the CS, enters the dracut debug mode instead: Solution RHEL uses a dracut system. By default, dracut-initramfs does not include a qemu ...