Sometimes network interface is changed during a failover and network becomes unavailable.
Some Linux machines require additional configuring.
To resolve this issue, the source machine can be configured prior to any replication (full or increment).
1. If NetworkManager is installed on your Linux machine, it can interfere with the Replication Agent's performance. Uninstall this package by running the following command:
sudo rpm -e --nodeps NetworkManager
2. Create or edit the file /etc/sysconfig/network and add the following text:
3. Create or edit the file /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 and add the following text:
Please note that if you create a new file, a new network interface is created with a new name.
4. Modify udev rules to avoid generating static rules for the Ethernet interface(s). These rules can cause problems when replicating a virtual machine in a cloud platform or Hyper-V:
sudo ln -s /dev/null /etc/udev/rules.d/75-persistent-net-generator.rules
sudo rm -f /etc/udev/rules.d/70-persistent-net.rules
5. Ensure the network service starts at boot time by running the following command:
sudo chkconfig network on